SELF HELP TOOLBOX
Whether you think you can or can't, you will be right.
This page is for the person who wants to self design his or her healthcare, and try to resolve conditions naturally - without doctor's visits or drugs. Most conditions can be effectively treated without intervention, if a person knows what to look for and takes a common sense approach to self care. This collection of conditions is what most people can safely address with our toolbox.
Every time that I eat, I get gassy or feel bloated.
For most people, this is most commonly a food intolerance.
1. We recommend that you test for food intolerances and / or potential allergies with the P-88 Dietary Antigen Test by Precision Point Diagnostics.
2. Based on your results, we recommend that you change your diet for 14 days, and if symptoms persist, call us to schedule a Functional Health Consultation.
I am not sleeping anymore, or I am oversleeping.
When people endure sleep challenges, we look at causes that can range from overstimulation to brain health, and ending in electronic pollution and changes in photo-periods.
1. We recommend that you turn off ALL lights and personal electronics 1 hour before bedtime. Create a bedtime routine that focuses on rest and rejuvenation.
2. Common natural supplements can include Lavender essential oils (Lavendula angustifolia), herbal teas like the "Sleepy Time" brands, and products with L-Theonine, like the Serenity Capsules.
3. If after two weeks, you are still having challenges, we recommend that you call our office to schedule a Functional Health Consultation.
I need to gain / lose weight, and I don't know where to start.
Most people gain or lose weight as their lifestyle changes.
1. We recommend that you stop eating foods that are found in a bag, box, can, or jar. In other words, you can eat a diet that is fresh and high in nutrients when you use foods without additives, preservatives, or artificial colors.
2. We also recommend that you incorporate 30 minutes of Yoga, Qigong, or walking per day.
3. Based on your results, we recommend that you change your diet for 30 days, and if you do not experience your desired results, call us to schedule a Functional Health Consultation. There may be underlying conditions that are affecting your weight.
My back, knees, hips, neck, or shoulders ache.
When people live with chronic pain, it can usually be based on a past injury or trauma, illness, a posture imbalance, or a diet that does not meet their needs.
1. We recommend that you remove the most common inflammatory agents (gluten and sugars) found in foods for a period of 2 weeks.
2. We also recommend that you practice selfcare and obtain a massage with a massage therapist who can help with sore muscles and circulation.
3. If your symptoms persist, call us to schedule a Functional Health Consultation.